I’m committing to ride Obliteride this August because I believe research is the fastest path to curing cancer and I also believe the team at Fred Hutch can get us there.
Sadly, half of all men and one third of all women in the U.S. will get cancer in their lifetime. In my circle of family & friends:
1) My aunt battled breast cancer (and won!),
2) My brother lost his first wife to colon cancer (her mother died several years later, also of cancer),
3) My best friend's husband battled testicular cancer (won his life, but lost his fertility),
4) The mother of a childhood friend died of breast cancer (beat it once, but it came back),
5) A tax client battled prostate cancer (and won!)
6) A tax client and now dear friend beat breast cancer once, but it came back last year and she is fighting for her life,
7) My cousin battled cancer and is still winning!
I will ride for all of them: Aunt Peg, Dana, Anita, Bill, Patti W, Patti M, Pat, and cousin Ricky.
Fred Hutch is learning more about cancer prevention, diagnostics and treatment and Obliteride can help us get to cures faster. More than 300 labs and projects are working hard to save the lives of people all over the world by conducting innovative, high-impact cancer research.
Please join me in this effort to put cancer in its place, behind us.
Ride with me, donate to my ride, and tell others about Obliteride.